con·cil·i·a·tion·ism | \ -shəˌnizəm\
Definition of conciliationism
: belief in or resort to conciliation especially : use of a policy of conciliation especially as contrasted with firmer measures those favoring open war violently opposed the conciliationism of their leaders
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game