con·choid | \ ˈkäŋˌkȯid, ˈkänˌ- also ˈkȯŋˌ-\
Definition of conchoid
1 : a plane curve determined as the collection of pairs of points located on converging rays crossing a fixed line or curve from which each point of the pair is equidistant, measured along a ray
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game