com·pri·mar·io | \ ˌkämprə̇ˈma(a)rēˌō, -mär-\
Definition of comprimario
: a singer or dancer especially in an operatic organization who is ranked usually just below the primary singers and dancers a comprimario part
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game