Definition of complexity theory
: a field of study shared by mathematics and computer science that is concerned with how the computational complexity of problems increases as the number of cases involved increases and with the classification of the problems according to whether a solution can be found in polynomial time and to the algorithms required for such a solution
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game