Definition of compensation point
: the light intensity at which the amount of carbon dioxide released in respiration equals the amount used in photosynthesis and the amount of oxygen used in respiration equals the amount released in photosynthesis, varying in different species of plants and in response to changes in temperature and other environmental factors
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?