Definition of company store
: a retail store associated with and usually owned and operated by an industrial company:
a : a store usually extending limited amounts of credit from which employees of a company may and are sometimes required to buy their groceries and other merchandise
b : a store selling the product (as textiles) of a mill at retail
— called also mill outlet, mill store
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?