Definition of community theater
1 : the activity of acting in or producing a play in a theater for enjoyment and not as a job He's done school plays and community theater. a community theater group/production
2 : the plays produced by community theater She spends her free time acting in community theater.
3 : a small theater where community theater is performed performing at the local community theater
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game