common particular meternoun
variants: or common particular measure
Definition of common particular meter
: a variation of ballad meter in which the four-stress lines are doubled producing a stanza of six lines in tail-rhyme arrangement, the number of stresses in the lines being 4, 4, 3, 4, 4, 3
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?