come/go on the airidiom
Definition of come/go on the air
of a radio or television station, program, etc.
: to start broadcasting or being broadcast The station went on the air 25 years ago. a show that first came/went on the air five years ago The President went on the air to defend his policies.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game