come up tophrasal verb
came up to; come up to; coming up to; comes up to
Definition of come up to
1 : to move near to (someone or something) : to approach (someone or something) He came up to me and introduced himself.
2 : to be as good as (something) The movie didn't come up to our expectations.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game