come out of nowhereidiom
Definition of come out of nowhere
: to arise or happen very surprisingly and unexpectedly That question came out of nowhere. a company that has come out of nowhere to become one of the leaders in the industry
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?