come on tophrasal verb
came on to; come on to; coming on to; comes on to
Definition of come on to
1 : to show sexual interest in (someone) : to try to start a sexual relationship with (someone) She complained that her boss has been coming on to her.
2 British : to start to talk about or deal with (something) We'll come on to that question later.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game