Definition of combined operation
1 : a military operation in which several allies coordinate their armed forces to accomplish a single mission, effect a defense, or gain some other goal
2 British : an often amphibious operation requiring the coordinated efforts of two or more services —often used in plural
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game