Definition of combat team
: a tactical nonorganic grouping of military forces capable of maintaining independent operation with its own weapons and supplies, usually combining infantry and artillery, air and tank forces or surface craft, aircraft, and submarines specifically : an infantry regiment or battalion reinforced by the attachment of artillery, engineers, or medical or other troops for a particular combat mission
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game