Definition of comb duck
: a black and white duck (Sarkidiornis melanotos) that is restricted to the southern hemisphere and is characterized by marked size differences between the sexes, an erect fleshy growth at the base of the male's bill, and absence of true pair formation
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game