Definition of color zone
in some theories of vision
: one of the three concentric areas of the retina as distinguished on the basis of their color sense, the outer zone giving practically only the grays, the intermediate zone adding yellow and blue, and the central zone adding red and green so that only the central zone is sensitive to all colors
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game