Definition of color blocking
- Color blocking is making bold style statements through the combination of relatively large areas of two to three solid colors.
- —Betsy DiJulio, The Virginian-Pilot (Norfolk, Virginia), 5 Jan. 2013
- Designers are incorporating color blocking and … neons into swimwear.
- —Holly Leber, The Chattanooga (Tennessee) Times Free Press, 16 Apr. 2012
color-blockedor color-block adjective
- … loose color-blocked pairings like a midcalf magenta skirt worn with a long cobalt tank.
- —Harper's Bazaar, November 2010
- A guy in a suit and yellow V-neck sweater with a color-block scarf flung over his shoulder waits for his order …
- —Devra First, The Boston Globe, 9 Mar. 2014