Definition of color blocking
: the use of usually bold and bright blocks of color in clothing design Color blocking is making bold style statements through the combination of relatively large areas of two to three solid colors. — Betsy DiJulio, The Virginian-Pilot (Norfolk, Virginia), 5 Jan. 2013 Designers are incorporating color blocking and … neons into swimwear.— Holly Leber, The Chattanooga (Tennessee) Times Free Press, 16 Apr. 2012
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?