Definition of color blocking
: the use of usually bold and bright blocks of color in clothing design Color blocking is making bold style statements through the combination of relatively large areas of two to three solid colors. — Betsy DiJulio, The Virginian-Pilot (Norfolk, Virginia), 5 Jan. 2013 Designers are incorporating color blocking and … neons into swimwear.— Holly Leber, The Chattanooga (Tennessee) Times Free Press, 16 Apr. 2012
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- The Words of the Week - 6/11/2021
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game