Definition of colobus monkey
: any of various slender, long-tailed monkeys (genus Colobus and related genera) of equatorial African forests and grasslands that have the thumb absent or vestigial and are black usually with white encircling the face and long white fringes of silky hair on the sides of the body and the tail
— called also colobus
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game