Definition of collodion process
: a photographic process in which collodion is used as a vehicle for sensitive salts specifically : an early process in which the negative is prepared by coating a glass plate with collodion containing iodide, exposing in a camera while wet, developing with pyrogallol or acidified ferrous sulfate, and fixing in a cyanide solution or hypo
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Registering the Politics of 'Register'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/11/19
- Minding 'Never mind' and 'Nevermind'
- A Brief on 'Brief' and 'Debrief'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game