collect upphrasal verb
collected up; collecting up; collects up
Definition of collect up
: to gather (things) together I collected up the dishes and brought them to the kitchen. The children collected their toys up and put them away.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game