collapse/fall in a heapidiom
Definition of collapse/fall in a heap
: to fall very suddenly to the ground and lie there Overcome by heat exhaustion, he collapsed/fell in a heap.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game