Definition of cold-pack method
1 : a method of canning fruits or vegetables that consists of (1) scalding or blanching, (2) packing immediately into hot containers and covering or sealing, (3) processing or sterilizing in a hot-water bath or pressure cooker, and (4) sealing or resealing at once while contents are still hot
— called also raw-pack method
2 : frozen-pack
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?