Definition of cold test
: a test of oils (as lubricating oils) to determine the temperature at which a cooled sample begins to deposit solid material or becomes too viscous to flow also : the temperature so determined
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game