coefficient of expansion
Definition of coefficient of expansion
: the ratio of the increase of length, area, or volume of a body per degree rise in temperature to its length, area, or volume, respectively, at some specified temperature, commonly 0° C, the pressure being kept constant
— called also expansivity
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?