coefficient of discharge
Definition of coefficient of discharge
: the ratio of the actual discharge to the ideal discharge, assuming unit coefficients of contraction and velocity, equal to the product of these coefficients
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game