co·di·mer | \ (ˈ)kō¦dīmə(r)\
Definition of codimer
: a copolymer formed from two dissimilar molecules (as two olefins) specifically, in petroleum refining : the mixture of hydrocarbons formed by the copolymerization of the butylenes which on hydrogenation yields a mixture of octanes used as a blending agent in aviation gasoline
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game