Definition of cobalt green
1 : a permanent green pigment consisting essentially of cobalt and zinc oxides
— called also zinc green
2 : a moderate yellowish green that is greener and stronger than tarragon and yellower and deeper than malachite green or verdigris
— called also Rinnemann's green, Saxony green, smalt green, zinc green
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game