clue inphrasal verb
clued in; clueing in or cluing in; clues in
Definition of clue in
: to give information to (someone) The public should be clued in to what's happening. —often + on She'll clue you in on the latest news. —often used as clued in He's totally clued in on the latest computer developments.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?