clock off/outphrasal verb
clocked off/out; clocking off/out; clocks off/out
Definition of clock off/out
: to record on a special card the time that one stops working What time did you clock off yesterday? I clocked out 10 minutes early.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game