cli·no·chlore | \ ˈklīnəˌklō(ə)r\
variants: or clinochlorite \ ˌ⸗⸗ˈklōrˌīt \
Definition of clinochlore
: a mineral (Mg,Fe,Al)3(Si,Al)2O5(OH)4, of the chlorite group consisting of magnesium aluminum silicate usually containing iron, and occurring in monoclinic pseudohexagonal crystals, in folia or scales, or massive and commonly of a green color
— called also ripidolite
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?