Definition of clinch knot
: a knot used to tie a fishing leader or spinning line to a hook or fly and made by passing the end through the eye of the hook and twisting it around the standing part several times before pushing it back through the loop that holds the hook or fly
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game