Definition of climbing perch
: a small perchlike Indian fish (Anabas scandens) that has part of the gill apparatus modified into leaflike expansions for the breathing of air, often travels overland by means of its spiny projecting fin rays, and is said to climb trees
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game