click offtransitive verb
Definition of click off
1 : to click out click off a message on the typewriter
2 : to record usually with clicks the speedometer clicked off the miles
3 : to list or enumerate unhesitatingly or with unerring precision clicked off his facts and figures without a slip— E. P. Snow
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game