give (someone or something) a clean bill of healthidiom
Definition of give (someone or something) a clean bill of health
: to officially say that someone is healthy or that something is working correctly The doctor gave him a clean bill of health. The governor gives the program a clean bill of health.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game