variants: or citrus greening disease
Definition of citrus greening
: a destructive disease of citrus plants that is caused by a bacterium (genus Liberibacter) transmitted by plant lice (Diaphorina citri of Asia and Trioza erytreae of Africa) and is characterized especially by small, often misshapen fruits which typically retain some green coloring even when ripe and by yellow mottling of the leaves with progressive yellowing of the entire plant — see asian citrus psyllid
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?