cit·ri·na·tion | \ ˌsi‧trə̇ˈnāshən\
Definition of citrination
: an alchemical operation in which a base metal was made more yellow and therefore thought to have been brought nearer to gold
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game