ci·tric·o·la scale | \ sə̇‧ˈtrikələ-\
variants: or less commonly citricola
Definition of citricola scale
: a scale (Coccus pseudomagnoliarum) believed to be native to Japan but injurious to citrus fruit trees in California
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game