cis·soid | \ ˈsiˌsȯid\
Definition of cissoid
: a plane curve with two branches meeting at a cusp at one end of a diameter of a fixed circle, each point of the cissoid being obtained by going from the cusp along any chord to its intersection when extended with the tangent diametrically opposite the cusp and then returning along the extended chord a distance equal to the length of the chord
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game