circumstances beyond someone's controlidiom
Definition of circumstances beyond someone's control
: things that have happened that someone cannot change or influence Due to circumstances beyond our control, the flight is canceled.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game