Definition of circumhorizontal arc
: a colored halo of 90° extent or less that is red on the upper side, parallel to the horizon and 46° or a little more below the sun, and produced by the refraction of light across 90° angles at the undersides of ice crystals in suspension in the air
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game