ci·cer | \ ˈsīsə(r)\
Definition of cicer
1 plural -s, obsolete : chickpea
2 capitalized [ New Latin, from Latin, chick-pea ] : a genus of Asian herbs (family Leguminosae) having odd-pinnate leaves of several small dentate leaflets and solitary white or pink-tinged flowers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game