chry·sin | \ ˈkrīsᵊn\
Definition of chrysin
: a yellow crystalline flavone pigment C15H10O4 found especially in the buds of species of poplar; 5,7-dihydroxy-flavone
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game