Definition of chromic hydroxide
: a substance obtained as a gray-green gelatinous precipitate or bluish amorphous powder by reaction of a chromic salt with alkali that is usually assigned the formula Cr(OH)3 but is better considered a hydrated chromic oxide Cr2O3.xH2O — compare guignet's green
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game