\ ˈchä(ˌ)kō, ˈchȯ- \
Definition of choco
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a conscript or a member of a militia in World War II
Cho·co | \ chəˈkō \
plural Choco or Chocos
Definition of Choco (Entry 2 of 2)
1a : a people of northwestern Colombia and Panama
b : a member of such people
2 : the language of the Choco people, probably Cariban
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game