variants: or less commonly chlorsulfonic acid \ ¦klōr , -ȯr+ \
Definition of chlorosulfonic acid
: a colorless fuming corrosive liquid ClSO3H made usually by reaction of gaseous hydrogen chloride with sulfur trioxide and used chiefly in organic synthesis (as of sulfa drugs, saccharin, and sulfonic acids)
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?