chlo·ro·phy·tum | \ ˌklōrəˈfītəm, ˌklȯr-\
Definition of chlorophytum
1 capitalized : a genus of perennial tropical stemless herbs of the family Liliaceae that are often grown for their foliage
2 plural -s : a plant of the genus Chlorophytum especially : spider plant
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game