Definition of chlorophyllin
1 : any of several water-soluble pigments derived from chlorophyll by hydrolysis with alkali with replacement of both the methyl and phytyl radicals by hydrogen or a metal
2 : any of various derivatives of chlorophyll (as copper chlorins) used as breath and body deodorants
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game