Definition of chlorophyllin
1 : any of several water-soluble pigments derived from chlorophyll by hydrolysis with alkali with replacement of both the methyl and phytyl radicals by hydrogen or a metal
2 : any of various derivatives of chlorophyll (as copper chlorins) used as breath and body deodorants
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game