chlo·ri·toid | \ -rəˌtȯid\
Definition of chloritoid
: a mineral (Mg1Fe)AlSiAlO5(OH)2 consisting of a silicate of aluminum and ferrous iron with magnesium occurring usually in dull green to gray or grayish black masses of brittle folia and related to the brittle micas (as clintonite)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?