variants: or less commonly chlorinated paraffin wax
Definition of chlorinated paraffin
: any of various pale yellow viscous liquids or resinous solids obtained by treating molten paraffin wax with chlorine and used chiefly as plasticizers, as additives for lubricants, and as weatherproofing and flameproofing agents for textiles
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game