Definition of chinstrap penguin
: a penguin (Pygoscelis antarctica) with a narrow band of black feathers from ear to ear under its chin that breeds on the Antarctic Peninsula and nearby islands
— called also chinstrap
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game